Scientific Collections, preserved in the IBER, BAS
IBER-BAS was established in 2010 after merging three units of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences:
Institute of Zoology, Institute of Botany and Central Laboratory of General Ecology.
Currently in IBER-BAS are preserved Herbarium, Mycological, Palaeobotanical and Palynological Collections,
Collection of Living Plants and Zoological Collections.
In addition to these organized and catalogued collections, there are further collections, mostly parasitic worms, soil nematodes, gastropods, millipedes, aquatic invertebrates, small mammals, in a process of organisations, registration and cataloguing.
- Mycological Collection (SOMF)
- Paleobotanical Collection
- Herbarium SOM
- Palynological Collection
- Еx situ Collection of Living Plants
- Protozoological Collection
- Helminthological Collection
- Nematological Collection
- Malacological Collection
- Aquatic Invertebrates Collection
- Millipede Collection
- Entomological and Arachnological Collections
- Fossil Mammals Collection
- Recent Mammals Collection